924 Gilman Street, Berkeley, California 94710
An All Ages DIY, Volunteer Run, 501(c)3 Nonprofit, Music & Art Community Space Since 1986.
Membership meetings, 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month, 5PM, at 924 Gilman.
924 Gilman is:
1. A DIY, nonprofit venue for music, art, and community events
2. A cultural landmark since 1986 that continues to inspire similar spaces globally
3. An all-ages, voluteer-run, drug and alcohol-free safe space
4. A multigenerational, independent collective
5. A place for young people to work cooperatively
924 Gilman Street has been serving as an important community space since its opening on December 31, 1986, and we’re excited to announce we are now an official 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Help keep underground music, art, and activities alive by giving. Donations can be made using Paypal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. You may also send a check payable to the ALTERNATIVE MUSIC FOUNDATION, P.O. BOX 1058, BERKELEY, CA 94710.
Your donation is tax-deductible and supports two specific goals: 1) to try to own the building, 2) to lower the door price for shows.